History of The Montague Rose
 

The Montague Rose was built in 1859 for Dr. Samuel Tilley Gove, assistant surgeon to the Charlotte County Militia, he was also president of the Bank Of Charlotte County.

It sits on one of the last few remaining quarter lot sites on a dominant position in the heart of the Town of St Andrews.

Image Left: The home in 1984

   

The home was constructed in the French Provincial design with Italianate features. It still retains the massive interior wood mouldings. Hand applied plaster crown mouldings still adorn the main room ceilings. Although the exterior faux balconies have long ago disappeared it still retains its original charm.

Image Right: The home present day


The Montague Rose 2014